Thursday, October 23, 2008

Funny Quotes

Brayden leans over to me today and says, "Mom, will Davis be black when he's older too?"

I answered, "of course, baby, that's the color God made him."

He replied, "what color will I be when I grow up? Tan like I am now or can I be black too? I think I'll be black when I grow up. I can just paint my skin!"

How cute is that?

The other funny thing right now is the kids' responses while looking at my Uganda pictures. They think all of the kids are Davis. Now, I guess I may have expected that from Brayden and Gracie, but Davis does it too! How can I get that through their heads. . .just because the child is black doesn't make them Davis! Oh yeah, if I say no. . they ask if it's one of Davis' friends! How racist does that sound? Now, I know it's just because for months I've showed them pictures on blogs of kids adopted from Liberia and introduced them as Davis' friends. . but still, it sounds horrible! If it makes anyone feel any better. . .Davis thinks that all adults are me or Greg too! Apparently they just don't LOOK at the pictures I show them!

10 comments:

Dearest Jessica said...

maybe you should have their vision checked, that is too funny!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Very funny!

jodes said...

That's really cute! :o) Also, i hope you don't mind that I recently added you to my list of blog friends. I stumbled across your blog (which i love!) and as I was reading up on it, I noticed Dan Clark on your video! Imagine my surprise - I've known him since high school! Small world.

Vanessa said...

Kids say the darndest things!! Too cute!

Brittani said...

Very Funny. Hey, just wanted you to know that, between mom & Jen, I finally broke down & started my own Blog. Mom goes on & on about how much she loves reading your blog & "doesn't understand why I don't have one, too..." so, if you find two more minutes out of your crazy days,visit my blog: matandbrittani.blogspot.com

Faith said...

My kids do the same thing although if it's a child under 2 it's Judah and if it's between the ages of 2-9 it's Isaiah. All the other ones are their birthmom or dad... Crazy. They do the same thing with my friends daughter who was adopted from China.

mommy zabs said...

Love It!

Brittani said...

Hey, if you haven't checked out Nancy's blog lately...CHECK IT OUT! www.nancers.blogspot.com She just updated it.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

too funny!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, that is so funny. I can just see them pointing at the pictures and asking all those questions.. So cute!