Sunday, October 12, 2008

I need internet!!!!

I'm so sorry that it has been so long! I have 4 posts written on my computer. . .but, of course now that I have internet access, I am on a computer that refuses to see the usb so that I can copy and paste them here. . .and I can't get pics on this computer and well. . you need the pictures to fully grasp the stories!

A short run down. . just to whet your appetite!

Friday - Went to Amani Baby Cottage, where Jackson and MC are from to see their old friends! I'll get those pics to you soon, Erin!
Went to the Source of the Nile. . gorgeous pics! Cassie and Jess you can use them in teaching!

Spent the morning and early afternoon at Rapha! SO much to tell you about this day! Beautiful singing and dancing (and yes, they pulled us girls up with them. . .I'm sure this includes video footage that will make you guys make fun of me. . but hey it sure made the kids laugh!) and saw their amazing ministry as well as the school that kidsLake supported and the well that you guys helped fund! So amazing! (Post already written on this!)

Saturday - Greg woke up a bit sick. Ended up with "running stomach" while at "The Executive Hotel" yeah. . I don't really know many executives that would love this place! It's not that bad for African standards, but if you have running stomach. . .well, you don't want to be in a place without running water, power or a real toilet (meaning we had a "squatter")! Poor thing! He missed the fun times in Bugiri which I can't wait tell you about. This town also has no internet access which explains the lack of posting. . .pretty much driving Jon and I CRAZY!!!!

Sunday - Church out in Nabakalyu. . an amazing morning, but full of tears for me (I have a post written about this morning as well). Once back at the hotel, Greg was feeling better. We drove 4 hours to this town of Soroti.

We have limited internet and not on our own computers. . .Jon and I will try to find something tomorrow. We are heading to a baby's home for hiv/aids infants, a widows care center, an orphan school and a couple of other places. Thanks for continuing to pray. I really did love logging on to the internet to read your precious comments. You don't know what that means to me. . .

love you and miss you all. . .especially fast internet! haha

11 comments:

Ashley said...

It all sounds amazing! Praying for you!

jena said...

Great to hear from you! I know you are all having an amazing time. Thanks for sharing all the details.

Briley just finished his 7th grade country project... on Uganda of course... and he was trying so hard to do things ALL on his own without mommies help. I could tell he was getting frustrated so I asked what the problem was. He had to tell about technology in Uganda and no matter how hard he searched, all he came up with was cell phones, internet cafes and boats. I told him he was right on!

Some places just don't have the gift of technological advancement... but who needs technology in Uganda anyway? All I wanted to do was spend time with Uganda's beautiful children and people. Okay... the lack of internet communication irritated me... but I got over it!

Love you!
Jena

brooke said...

Wow! I'm so happy that you and Greg had the opportunity to go back. Reading your thoughts (in your last post) of the trip just brought me to tears.

We are praying for you all! I'm glad you are able to post a little. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear more when you arrive home! The pics on Jon's post were just beautiful!

A note from Cory:
Did you hear diarrhea is hereditary? Yeah, it runs in your jeans! HIHO!

brooke said...

Oh... he is so weird :-)

Unknown said...

So glad to hear from you! I look forward to reading about your happenings each day. Would you believe me if I told you that Mike and I spent last night researching Uganda? The weather, the people, everything...we talked about moving there and opening a home for the forgotten children. Huh...what will God do with this? :)

Tanya said...

I love the posts. I look forward to any information you can give us. I can't wait for pictures. I hope to be in Uganda this summer. Please let us know about any developments in adoptions. I would love to be able to adopt this summer. Keep up the good work. I am praying for you daily.

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys. You know I don't do "blogging", but I can't resist reading about your trip. I love you both so very much. I woke up in the middle of the night to pray for Greg. I hope he is better. I love to hear about the joy that God has placed in your heart for this mission. You are truly Joyful Workers for the Lord. How beautiful! I love you & can't wait to hear what happens tomorrow.
Brittani

Anonymous said...

Aw, I can't wait to read more. I have talked briefly to Jon almost every day, but still feel like I have no idea what you all are experiening! I check my computer regularly!! I am missing you guys and praying for you! I wish I was there with you! How cool that you are getting to see so many of the sites that KidsLake has helped!! Thanks for sharing your heart and experience so beautifully...looking forward to more! :) I love you! Christie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! Learning so much from each of your posts. Looking forward to you being able to post pictures again! Love you!

annNEE said...

Thanks so much for sharing all of this! I am so happy for you!!!

S and K said...

Praying constantly... can't wait to see pictures and hear more stories in "real life"

Love ya!

PS, I woke up w/ a tremendous burden to be praying for you all. SO, I'm on it