Monday, November 3, 2008

We sang this song yesterday in church. We were encouraged to remember that HE is GOD and HE is on the throne. . .World Leaders will come and go. . .our involvement in the process is God-given and a great opportunity. . but neither candidate is the Messiah who will bring change. Change comes when people bow before the God of the universe, change comes when the Church of God rises up and spreads His name and His love to all people.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

You are God Alone by Phillips, Craig and Dean (my own commentary in green!)

You are not a god Created by human hands Or Elected by Human People
You are not a god Dependant on any mortal man Or Gov't Process!
You are not a god In need of anything we can give Refreshing in light of the 100s of emails asking for campaign donations and support
By Your plan, that’s just the way it is

Chorus: You are God alone
From before time began, You were on Your throne Not having to be elected there. . just there!
You are God alone
And right now In the good times and bad Whether the economic crisis or the world problems
You are on Your throne
You are God alone

You’re the only God Whose power none can contend No matter who wins the White House, HE Is still GOD!
You’re the only God Whose name and praise will never end
You’re the only God Who’s worthy of everything we can give All of our passion, campaigning, and hopes for CHANGE
You are God And that’s just the way it is

Unchangeable
Unshakable
Unstoppable
That’s what You are


Can you say, Amen, Amen, Amen???

10 comments:

Kelly said...

AMEN!

Art Teacher said...

I love that song. It always makes me cry!

Tanya said...

I completely agree. Go out and vote and know that whatever happens God is the creator of the Universe and the master of it.

Amy said...

I love that song!
I'll be glad when the elections are over - very tired of being in the middle of everyones opinons!
Love ya!

Whitney said...

I'll give you a HUGE amen!

Terri said...

You know I don't usually post comments, but I can't hold this in .... You got it goin' on, girl !!!! You said it right and truth is truth. Our God has never, nor ever will lose control (after all, what kind of God would he be if he lost control?) !!!!! We can have perfect peace in the middle of this process and perfect peace at the end of this process .... no matter who is the "elected" official ... God never lost control and knows exactly who needs to be in power, to accomplish HIS plans and purposes ... and I can rest in that !!!! Amen and Amen !!!!! Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD of Hosts!

Jackie Sue said...

Seriously, Amen. Nuff said.

Unknown said...

Totally one of my favorites.

Kelly said...

Amen...sorry I missed that!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to read this today - of all days:) Thanks for sharing.
Love you - Renae