Friday, March 13, 2009

KidsLake Project (FINALLY) Guatemala

**Note: I am so sorry for the delay in getting this out this month. I sincerely apologize. Again, we will be doing a 1 1/2 month project to leave adequate time for our kiddos to get involved. If anyone is passionate about this project, I'd love help in researching our next projects and getting us prepared ahead of time so that we can launch the next project on MAY 1!

Eagle's Nest is a precious orphanage in Guatemala. Their funding was secure in the past because of adoptions of these little ones. However, adoptions have been halted in Guatemala so these little ones are living at Eagle's Nest for a LOT longer and with very little regular funding! WE get to be a part of their little lives this month!

$20 will provide milk for a little one for an entire month!!!!

'Nuff said, right?! Let's get to it. Encourage your kids to raise, save and earn their money to make a difference. Also, take a moment to check out the videos below. Angel (blogger and adoptive mama) has worked with Eagle's Nest for a long time and can vouch for how they love the children and Jesus! This is a video of her thoughts about Eagle's Nest following her last trip there.


1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Brandi, You have no idea how many tears have flowed as I watched that video!! A HUGE part of my heart was left behind on my trips to Guatemala and seeing those sweet faces makes me even more eager to go back. The funniest thing is I recognized Anna, the woman who was doing the head wrap in the video, from my past trip! I gave her one small thing for her baby and she remembered me months later when I returned!! God is so amazing and I hope this project goes off well!! I wish I could help more but Project Santa for Guatemala is honestly taking up all the extras I have right now! Thanks for helping a country that has blessed my family with such an amazing child!!