Monday, June 29, 2009

Ugandan Paper Bead Necklaces . . .only a few left!

NOTE: I have updated the available necklaces.. have sold 13 today so far!

I haven't posted about our gorgeous paper bead necklaces handmade in Uganda in a while. . .you may have thought "she probably just got over that little idea" yeah, well, no I didn't! In fact, we've raised over $3,000 through these babies for HopeChest!

People LOVE them! Often, I end up selling the one I'm wearing that day right off my neck. . in fact, I've been known to sell them off friends' necks too (thanks Jess!).

Amy and Sarah took some home from NC and they have sold over 70! I only have 32 left. I'm still hoping that someone coming home from Uganda next week will be able to bring me back a whole slew of them (yes, I used the word slew).

Want to help me finish off these last few? I get excited EVERY TIME someone emails me with an order! I think I have a problem. . .I'm obsessed, obsessed with excitement when I watch God provide creatively for His people.

One more side note before pics of these great necklaces. . .I have been praying for months about the Uganda Launch Fund (the start up costs associated with HopeChest beginning a new program in Uganda. . .computers, office equipment, etc). The other day, I did a little inventory and realized that HE had provided $3,000 just in necklaces! There was over $3,000 of other donations we'd collected too! That's SO not how I had been praying for Him to provide. Isn't He creative??? I just LOVE it. . and HIM!

We have 15 more Long Multi's Left @ $10 each (shipping listed on the side based on # purchased)


2 long black / grey (these are adorable on) $10 each (GONE)



We have these ADORABLE short ones too: (You can pick your specific necklace by leaving me a comment or putting it in your comments section when you pay via paypal. I'll email you if it's already gone). . .you might need to click on the photo to enlarge it and get the great colors that are available! $10 each (torq. one on the left, green at the bottom, one red and the black are gone)

We also have this special crew. . .since they are special they will be going for $25 though (remember all money goes to HopeChest!)

Both Triple Strand Blues are gone. . so I removed their picture to not make anyone so sad that they didn't get it in time =)


Triple Strand Neutral. This brown triple strand could probably go with ANYTHING! Gotta love versatility when looking for jewelry=)
Isnt' this one cool? The green and red double strand thick is fun and unique!

Just leave me a comment or email me and I'll let you know if that one's available and then you can PayPal it! Happy SHOPPING THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

7 comments:

Erin Moore said...

I love these necklaces - I am wearing mine right now!

I think I am going to have to order more. I will e-mail you.

Thanks for making these available for us, I'm going to figure out how many I need for Christmas gifts!

MaineMom said...

I'll take some!! I'll take two multi-colored if you have them!!

P.S. My son saw your family picture (he's six) and said, "Did they adopt from Africa?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Cool!"

Kelly said...

I'll take the short black one!

Lisa said...

I still need my three! :( Can you bring three next week??? :)

Melinda said...

Hi Brand, I would like one of the short one's the second from the left, the lighter turqouise/blue one if it is still left.

Kelly said...

You got my order, right?! :o)

Our Little Blessings said...

I was catching up on my blogs and was wondering if you had any necklaces left? You can e-mail at careyandhalli@gmail.com
thanks :)