Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Trust in the Face of Injustice

I don't have many deep words for you today. But, I'm learning about trust. The dive into the issue of sex trafficking is challenging my faith in a new and deep way. I've seen injustice in the face of poverty everywhere. But, the horrors facing these little boys and girls drops me to my knees all over again. Indian Rescue Mission emailed out this morning that they had gone on a rescue for 13 year old, Neeraj. They DID rescue her, but then were confronted by a group of thugs from this red light district. They were threatened and the police got involved. They ended up fleeing from the thugs but the police took Neeraj back. yes, I said back. I know, I couldn't believe it either. Back to the brothel. You know, to the men that own her. She's 13. This morning she thought her hell was over. She thought her rescue had come. This afternoon she was sent back to the brothel. My heart aches for her. She has no clue that Indian Rescue Mission is still working and begging the police to go rescue her. She doesn't know her rescue will come again. She sees only injustice.

Truthfully, my heart doesn't understand. I struggle. And yet...I know. I have read the scriptures over and over. He is a strong tower. HE can be trusted.

Hold on Neeraj, because rescue is coming again. Hold tight. Don't listen to the enemy's voice that is screaming into your ears that it's all over now and all hope is gone. He's coming and He's coming soon.

Join me in prayer for that. Prayer for Neeraj. Prayer for the rescuer to come. Prayer for people around the world to rise up against injustice and be the voice for the voiceless. To work alongside the Lord in bringing hope and healing....in turning a world without hope into one where a little girl gets rescued from a horror worse than any I have ever known.

Pray for the injustices in your own life or that of your friends, pray for injustice that's seen in the areas these ministries work, pray for injustice in this world - that we will lean heavily into the arms of a trustworthy God and that He will come and He will rescue - soon.

HopeChest:
Pray for the team in Russia that the business meetings will go well and the lives of orphans will be enhanced b/c of these new job opportunities
Pray for the Uganda team that is back and coping with re-entry
Pray for the release of Priceless and the issue of trafficking
Pray for sponsors to step up all over the world to be a family to little ones that need to see His love so badly

Indian Rescue Mission

Pray for Neeraj. Pray the police will cooperate and another rescue can happen SOON!


Join us tomorrow morning first thing for a time of corporate prayer. I promise, you'll be blessed!
Wednesdays 9:30 AM (eastern) at CALL IN # : 760- 569- 9000 ID: 968101 We are also adding a NEW CALL!!! This one will be at 1:30 (eastern) and will focus on prayer for those who are being trafficked into the sex trade. Join us!
Thanks!

Brandi
Craigslist supports Sex-Trafficking by looking the other way - will you?

4 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Praying for you!

Brittani said...

Praying for you and Neeraj... Love you, girl

Liz said...

Thank you so much for uncovering these otherwise silent stories without voice or face... I was rather intrigued by the young 13yo Indian girl's name - as Neeraj is typically a male's name. I guess there could be exceptions. It's just that when I read this I was so confused...and wondered if the name was misspelt or if she in fact carried a male name....

Along these lines I thought it would be good to bring another effort to your attention .. http://www.bombayteenchallenge.org/restorehope/

Sincerely,
Liz

Anonymous said...

Praying for Neeraj.

We are working to expose people to the issue of sex trafficking. The problem is huge. We have a high native american population here. We are trying to make connections with the native americans. Please pray that we are able to get an "in".

Grace and Peace.