Friday, June 6, 2008

Weekly Update.. . .with lots of pics!

Yes, I've been a slacker blogger this week! I'm sorry!! The truth is that it was a CRAZY week. On Tuesdays, I volunteer at the church. . .which means, leave home at 8 to drive 30 min to my Mom's to drop off the kids, drive 45-1hour to church. Work till 4 (usually 5), drive back to my mom's . . definitely an hour in this traffic and this week. . back to my in-laws to drop the kids off for my Leadership Team meeting. . so 3 hours of driving! And, 10 hours of work! Then, Wednesday morning, the littles and I (Bray was already there) drove to the beach to hang with Grandma and Grandpa (my in-laws) for the night! Lots of fun times by the beach. . but, not many pictures! Just these couple (oh and one thrown in from the littles and I day by the pool on Monday. . .in our front yard! Yep, I'm thinking this $23 was well spent and will be well used since it's already 100 degrees here!) of fun pics too. . .I have lots of stuff running around in my head, but I'll have to blog something a little deeper later! This is a big deal! Davis HATES to work on swimming. . .if you are making him. However, if he's doing it on his own, perfectly fine! So, this is him finally swimming on his own! Yeah! (with armies. . but that will change!)
How sweet is this picture? Grandpa and Gracie. . .oh how she loves him!
I'm not a huge two piece fan on little girls because I don't know when to stop it for modesty. . but when potty training, it is MUCH easier! And how cute is my girl? The boys and Grandma went to the pool and Gracie, Grandpa and I sat at the beach. . so relaxing and Gracie loved playing in the sand.
Just a random pic of Grandpa and Davis (not the best of Grandpa but check Davis' crazy eyes out . . and his arm around Grandpa!)
We swam all afternoon Tuesday, spent the night and stayed on Wednesday through nap time. We came home in time to get to bed last night and for me to hang with Greg for a few minutes. . then, today was small group (a FABULOUS conversation on Fields of the Fatherless. . have you bought it yet?), naps and BOWLING! Greg was out on an airboat scouting Gators (he'll have to write about that one!). . .So, here are our very first bowling pics!

This rack that they can push balls down is fabulous! When they just roll them alone. . it takes at least 25 seconds to just get it to the pins! Too funny!






14 comments:

Sarah said...

ok, you must tell me where you got that pool!!

steffany said...

I always love you picture posts. Davis is getting so big. Do your neighbors love that pool in your yard or what?
And when do you sleep?

Anonymous said...

What a cool pool for the kids!
It must be HOT down there as it is even Hot today up in northeast PA!
Love seeing the pictures of the beach and all the cute ones of your kiddoes!
You are one busy lady!:)
Julie L

Unknown said...

Bowling looks fun. that picture of the bokks in the pool, they both look african to me ;)

Wendi said...

Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun!! I miss me some beach, but hope to get to one soon :-) After people constantly saying to me, "I don't know HOW you do it!" (referring to my 4 kids under 5), I can honestly look at someone else now (you, miss Brandi), and say, "I don't know how you do it!" And yet, I do...we all do what we have the grace for...and God gives us the grace to handle what he calls us to. The kids are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

Jman's momma said...

Hi Brandi,
I found your site while visiting Tom Davis' blog. He was talking about meeting up with you and discussing Africa. My husband and I are feeling an incredible draw to Africa. We are going to begin the adoption process again and most likely will go to Ethiopia. That was another reason I was drawn to your blog.

I read Red Letters but I have not read Fields of the Fatherless yet. Also read Wes Staffords Too Small to Ignore. These men have written amazing books that are so inspiring. Now I am ready to turn the inspiration into action. Just trying to figure out the "what now." It is so overwhelming.

I hope you don't mind that I linked to your blog. Thanks to your blog I was led to RLC. I would love to chat!!

later,
Anne

missy said...

Wow! You have been having too much fun. It's about time, is all I have to say. Sometimes I think you work too much. That's just the mom in me I guess.
Love,
Mis

Melinda said...

Love the pool, I second the question on where you got it, and they do not have anything like that at our local bowling alley. That would make it so much more fun for the younger kids with something like that. Looks like you had lot's of fun this week.

kerri said...

My kids would be so jealous of that pool. We have the basic two ring blow up one! Sounds like you are enjoying summer! Thanks for your comments, it's great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

So sad I missed out on that pool fun! We just got home last night late and I was looking at the paper and saw that pool in the Toys R Us ad and was going to go right out and get it! Now I can just come to your house. :-)

The bowling does look awesome! Chad and I went with some friends this week in PA and were saying how Noah would love it!

Talk to you soon!

Leslie said...

Hi, Brandi! Just found your blog and love the adoption info! We adopted from Ukraine 6 months ago. Blessings on your new family!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Cute pictures! Beach pics are always the best :)

Brandi said...

Target, girls!! I heard that they have it at Toys R Us too!

Used it again today. . we also got a fun sprinkler that is a long rope with little shooter things! That was only $8 and a hit as well!

Love ya,
Brandi

Erin said...

Hey Brandi! Thanks for the comment on my blog - and absolutely use anything from my blog that would be helpful for the RLC site! And what an awesome site it is...I'm so excited about it and can't wait to see how God is going to continue to use this community!