Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Clean WATER!!! Praise Him with me!

I've been a slacker blogger lately. I still have so much to share about Uganda. . and things are popping up everyday to blog about as we transition back home and figure out what's next for us. . it leaves me feeling a bit behind! But, I got an email that sparked a WONDERFUL blog tonight.

These precious children and their families NOW have clean water!!!! I got an email from Katie Borchert who talked to Arthur at Rapha Village outside of Jinja, Uganda and the well is done!!! Praise the Lord. These precious ones won't have to walk 4 miles through dense bush to get water. . just a few feet now! Water. . sigh. . .water is life in Africa. Water means children will live. Click on the picture and look at it closer. Check out those faces. . they have water! Oh praise YOU Jesus! Thank you, thank you for those of you who donated! What an amazing thing! God providing for those that are dear to HIS heart. . and allowing us to be a part of the process!!! He is SOOOOOOO Good!

If you are looking for ways to get involved, begin prayerfully seeking HIS will. If you have a church that may be interested in sponsoring an orphanage in Uganda (even the ones we visited!), feel free to email me (brandi@kidslake.org). If your pastor would like to visit Uganda and prayerfully pick the spot that's best for your congregation, email me too! We will be putting together a number of trips in the Spring. I will be leading one at the end of April, Greg will lead one in May and if we have enough pastors interested (and pastoral scholarships for those churches that need them), Pastor Jon will also do a trip in June!

If you don't go to a church that is interested or able to do that CLICK here and find out how to join the RLC community in banding together to sponsor an orphanage in Ethiopia!

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

PRAISE God for this miracle!! Clean drinking water is so important to those children! It's so sad for me to see the children in Guatemala who suffer from parasites from unclean water. I know when you went to Ughanda the sites were sad as well!

missy said...

this is FANTASTIC! you must post this on Kids LAKE so the kids can all see :o) or maybe you already have.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

How exciting!

Tracy said...

Thank you Brandi for taking the LIVING water to these precious ones as well! Their faces are awesome! God is SO good!!! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for clean water! Praise God!

jena said...

That is awesome news!

We need to chit chat soon... Keith's brain is working overtime... so maybe we need to have a couples chit chat on speaker phone session. I must admit usually I am the one asking him to jump on board with an idea... now I'm the one who needs to jump and it's a bit scary!

Love you!

Christi said...

Amen for clean water! What a blessing for these children. You're dedication is awesome!

Kim said...

Please keep me posted about your trip in April. I keep praying God will open the door for me to go to Africa. Any trips to Liberia planned???