Friday, October 10, 2008

sigh. . .what beauty

We went to bed to the sound of a Ugandan thunderstorm, the windows open, the gauzy mosquito net hanging around us. I slept wonderfully, only to be awakened by a cacophany of African bird sounds. Simply beautiful. Dreamy. I'd use the word surreal, but I used it yesterday so I don't want you to think it's overused! There are probably no words to adequately describe this. . what utter peace to sit in this place, to bask in my Father's love. I get teary eyed just thinking of how good He is to me.

Unfortunately, blogger isn't really uploading the beautiful pictures that I took this morning. So, check Jon's blog because he just posted one. www.pastorjondunwell.blogspot.com




2 comments:

Jess and Andrea said...

Oh, are you guys staying on Gately on the Nile? Isn't Uganda beautiful! I love the sights and sounds! It's so fun to keep up with your blog while you are here. I hope you all have a great day. Been thinking and praying for you!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Your passion comes through in your post (I can just hear the "Jesus voice" :)