Friday, June 12, 2009

Clap Your Hands, All Ye People! THE GOAL IS MET!!!!!


Psalm 47:1-2
" 1 Come, everyone! Clap your hands!
Shout to God with joyful praise!
2 For the Lord Most High is awesome.
He is the great King of all the earth."

Seriously, CLAP, SHOUT, JUMP, DANCE. . .. .I could keep going. You probably guessed it, but

WE MET THE GOAL!!!! Total as of this morning: $20,120.48 YEAH BABY!
Note: don't worry, we'll keep it up for the next 3 days if you still have money you've collected and still haven't gone online to donate. Just remember to note "Feed the Forgotten" in the notes

My heart is overwhelmed with gladness for our God. HE is actively meeting the needs and answering the prayers of precious Ugandan mamas through US! I can't believe that He'd choose to use me in their journey. His call to their hearts to say, "I know you and love you". . . He's letting me be a part of HIS wooing!! Are you standing in awe?

It's 7700 people who will eat. It's 558 hiv+ kiddos who will now be able to take ARV's because their bellies will be full (for 3 months!). It's people a world away hearing HIS voice in part because people HERE (and abroad, thanks friends from England!) heard HIS call to "feed the forgotten". . . .and you know what? We were changed in the process, weren't we?

Personally this has been a great time of intimacy with the Father. I can't wait to write more about what I've learned. In fact, I've gotten SUCH encouraging emails that I will probably KEEP writing about Feed the Forgotten next week in a series about how WE'VE been fed in the process. Will you email me your stories? What did you learn through this? How did you see your kids grow? It doesn't have to be long, but send me your stories!! brandi @ kidslake .org (erase spaces)

I can't believe it. . . .over 20k in less than 2 weeks. You guys rock! Let me just tell you. . .I typically have about 150 people read my blog so this certainly didn't happen because I wrote about it. It happened because God's People all across the world posted about it on their blogs, changed their FB status updates (continually!), twittered every time they thought of it (every few minutes for some sweet friends) and even emailed out to their friends and family. Wait, and that doesn't even count everyone who put the blog badge up (I can't figure out how to know who did that but I know a LOT of you did!)

Here is just a short list of people who BLOGGED about it over the past 2 weeks! 43 people! heck yeah! Would you visit them and say a BIG thank you? Add them to your google list too! (this is in no particular order, but the order in which google picked up posts!)

Anne Poulsen
Ria (who's photos made all the difference!)
Amy Savage
Amanda T
Jena Penner
Sarah Smoker
Andrea
Zabs
Darbi
Tom Davis
Matt Monberg
Bob Mudd
Melinda
Amber G
Erica S
Michelle Riggs
Matt
http://seekersjourney.com
Angel
Amy B
Missy
Wendy
Jody L
Cheryl
Jody V
KidsAgainstHunger
Kami
Jason and Shawnda
Melissa
Katie B
Maria
Emily
Morgan
Cassie
Jessica
Steffany
Abby
Erin
Taylor
MoziEsme
Debbie
Jeanette
Amy C
Deb

PS Yes, I LOVE that little girl, so I used all pictures of her! Guess what? SHE will get FOOD because you gave!!!!! Thank you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Praise God, I'm so blessed to be a part of a group of people being a blessing to others. This is the beginning of something for me. Thank you for doing this.

jodes said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! I got chills reading this!! How amazing that a bunch of people who (for the most part!) don't know each other, can come together in such a strong way. Wow, I'm still in awe.

God is Good. ALL THE TIME!

Amy said...

So So So Awesome!!! I cant wait to see what's next!

helpingthechildrenofafrica said...

I posted on my blog about Feed
the Forgotten!
Hope even more money is raised!

Brooke said...

Thank you for being such an inspiration to all of us and for being God's hands and feet for the precious kids in Uganda!

Unknown said...

Yahoo!

Amber G. said...

Praise God! Brandi, this is truly awesome. What an amazing, amazing answer to prayer! Props to you, too, my friend for spearheading it and letting your passion inspire others to action. Love you!