**I received this email this morning. . thought I'd pass it along to anyone local who wants to help! What a great ministry!!!
We will be going out into the woods for another distribution on July 24th (Friday) and for this trip our goal is 75 Bags of Hope, over 150 gallons of water, Dozens of hardboiled eggs, clothing, tents and tarps and many other items. Here are some items that we could use help collecting if you or anyone you know would like to help out. Feel free to forward this email out to any of your friends or acquaintances or contact me directly with any questions.
- Canned (flip top lid) food items: ready to eat types (Ravioli, beef stew, soups, etc)/ Meats (chicken, beef or tuna) or Fruits.
- Toiletries (shampoo, body washes, soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes, razors and shaving crème, deodorants)
- OFF mosquito repellant
- Tents or tarps (Used is fine…if anyone has any they no longer use) rope or string is used to tie up the tarps. and rope are great also- Tarps can be purchased at Walmart fairly inexpensive…the larger the better. They use these to protect their tents that may or may not have leaks from the rains. The
- Clothing (slightly used is fine- all sizes from children to adult- for the adults usually smaller sizes meaning- there are not many large homeless people- most are malnourished or thin. I would say the women’s sizes range from 0-6. and the men waist size 32-34.) We are seeing a lot of children at the homeless Central Florida alone….there are a lot of children to reach. right now since it is summertime- these children are used to eating free meals at school, but since school is out for the summer- they show up a lot at the soup kitchens- we are going to these soup kitchens and bringing clothing for them. The summer time is a great time to reach the children. Usually the parents tell you that they are not homeless –“just struggling or down on their luck right now” & maybe some are (for fear of losing their children) but it is obvious that some are homeless. You learn to recognize the eyes of the homeless- you just know. And with an estimated 2,700 in
- Socks: Men and women’s (new please)
- Hats: Baseball or other types are fine.
If anyone would like to donate any of these items I do have tax deductible receipts as we are a registered non profit. Donations may be left at the Cultural Center at Annunciation (there are two donation boxes in the lobby there) or at my home (Bags of HopeHeadquarters) .
Thanks so much for any and all help you or those you know can offer and your prayers for this outreach and the homeless. We definitely need the help and all of the prayers. I hope that everyone is in good health and spirit!
Peace and Hope,