Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh How He LOVES US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I've been a bad blogger lately. . .I'm sorry! I'm learning and being led in things I can't share yet. . .but I will. He's doing big things and I'm so thankful to be HIS girl.

Today I was reading Hosea and was so struck by His impassioned pursuit of my Faithless heart. You know the story (and if you don't. . go read it and then go immediately to purchase the book "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers a fictional retelling). The Lord tells Hosea, a man of God, to go marry a prostitute who is horribly unfaithful to him. He tells him to continue to love and pursue her. And HE relates it back to His relationship with Israel.

Here's what struck me today. . .He keeps calling her back. Then, He goes a step further. . .when she calls him master. . .because that is what she should... . she should be begging for his mercy and willing to do whatever to serve him. Yet, He tenderly calls for her to call him her lover not her master.

Let that sink in for just a second, would ya? We OWE Him. . big time. We are unfaithful and we are no good. We have not done ONE thing that qualifies us to be His bride. . .and yet He calls. Not only does He call. . .but He desires to be the tender lover of our souls. Drink that in. He is GOOD.

Now, go to iTunes and buy the song "How He Loves" by David Crowder Band. It sings to my soul and I hope it does to yours as well. Here are the precious lyrics. . .let them speak to what the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE absolutely ADORES you! You. . .stop and read it again. HE ADORES YOU!!!! No matter what. . .go read Hosea. HOW HE LOVES YOU!!!

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves.

Well, I thought about You the day Stephen died,
And You met me between my breaking.
I know that I still love You, God, despite the agony.
...They want to tell me You're cruel,
But if Stephen could sing, he'd say it's not true, cause...

Cause He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us.
Whoa! how He loves us.
Whoa! how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves.


6 comments:

Kevin J Bowman said...

Have you heard Kim Walker's version? I have not heard DCB's yet, but she totally ROCKS that song.
(http://kbow.us/z50W)

Then there is the John Mark McMillan where he tells the story of why he wrote it. Very Moving story
http://kbow.us/gntU
(Although I am not the biggest fan of him performing the actual song...)

Anonymous said...

We have been singing this song in church and I cant get it out of my head! Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that he does love us and is full of never ending mercy and grace!

Jman's momma said...

I have only recently heard this song as the radio has been playing due to DCB including it on their album "Church Music" that came out yesterday.

"He loves like a hurricane, I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy." I have been singing that line since I heard it.

Oh how He loves us. over and over again. I have had Redeeming love for some time now. Borrowed from a friend since Africa I think. Maybe I should read it now before she moves away and wants her book back.

Forever bending...

aMp

jordan fowler said...

A great story of forgiveness emerged from this song as we sang it corporately at NorthWood....

You can watch the video story of it http://www.vimeo.com/6683719

junglemama said...

I was just htinking of this song. It is awesome! Thanks for this post!

abbs89 said...

hi brandi! i'm new to your site...interested in these paper necklaces to benefit uganda. how do we order them? is that the donate button?