Monday, October 5, 2009

Join the Movement. . .REALLY. . .all the cool kids are doing it!

You remember me talking about running that half marathon? And doing it with boys wearing skirts? :-) Well, we are joining that fun experience with a new website launching today

HOPEMONGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



HopeMongers is the brainchild of some dear friends of mine, Sam and Wendi Henry. You'll remember their names because they are co-founders of RLC, Wendi was a HUGE part of "Feed the Forgotten" and we just spent time with them in Dallas. Heck, Wendi is in my Facebook Profile picture! All around. . they rock. Now, they are launching HopeMongers, a MICRO-GIVING organization.

If you've been around my blog for ANY amount of time, you know that one of my favorite things about the Lord is that He allows little old me and you to be a part of His plan around the world. I may not be able to write huge checks. . but I can give my $10 and sometimes that doesn't feel like a lot. Well, that's where HopeMongers comes in. You can go in and pick a project, give $10 and WATCH as it grows and other people just like you come alongside and give their little bit too. . .soon, our "little bits" join together and make a HUGE difference in the lives of the world's poor!!!

So. . .Go HERE We have a goal of getting teachers' salaries covered in Otuboi and Rapha as our project for our run. Will you join me? Otuboi (read Amy's story) is a high school for sweet children who have endured SO much. . many of whom are former child soldiers. Rapha is . .well. . if you've EVER read my blog you probably know Rapha! This orphanage is as close to my heart as any place in the world. And often. . they have to make the choice between providing FOOD and paying their teachers. WILL YOU HELP? For $180 we can provide a teacher for one month! $2160 for a year! Will you join? Maybe you'll make it a goal to use YOUR facebook, twitter, blog, email community to fund a teacher for a month. . give your $10 or $20 and use your network! HopeMongers even provides a button right on the site where you can post to FB, Twitter, Myspace of even emailing!

We are starting with a school counselor for Otuboi and we will move on from there! Our hope is to see 3 teachers at Otuboi and 6 at Rapha sponsored! Join us. . open your hearts and wallets. . .make a difference in the world's poor. . .in precious children who are hurting. . .

Oh yeah. . and in 5 weeks you get funny pictures of boys in skirts too!

4 comments:

WhitneyandScott said...

Brandi, I think your first hopemongers link (the one linked to the word "Hopemongers" at the top) is .com instead of .org. Sent me to another site. . . but anyway, this is very cool and very exciting! :)

Chris said...

I Gave you an award and a little plug on my last post...

Amy said...

Why does hardly anyone comment on "serious" posts??? :) You are my one and only comment and I thank you for that. :) See you SOON!

Sarah and Davis said...

Love the new site, Brandi. Very cool! (: