Thursday, August 20, 2009

Electronics?????

Greg and the team leave for Uganda in just 19 days!!!!

There are a few things that are needed in the field and I thought I'd ask you guys if you had them or knew a way to get them. . .every item we get donated means that much more $ that can be spent on kiddos! (you'll get a tax deduction too, of course :-)

We are looking for a laptop (or 2-3) for our sponsorship coordinators on the ground. This should be a new or fairly new/great condition computer.

We are looking for a scanner so they can scan and send letters from kiddos (and other important document. . .as if there were more important documents than letters from kids to their sponsors!)

2-3 Digital Cameras. I put this on FB and had some interest but haven't heard back. This will enable the sponsorship coordinator to take nice quality pictures of the kids and will enable us to get update pictures too!!!

If you or someone you know has these items and would like to be a part of what God is doing in Uganda, let me know! You can email me at Brandi @ Kidslake .Org (remove spaces) I'm sure HopeChest could use these items for the other countries too. actually. . so let's spread the word!

4 comments:

The B Family said...

My husband serves on the board of directors of a charity that refurbishes computers--laptops and PCs--and sends them into the mission field. I'll shoot you an email with some more info.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to tell you that our Master's Commission group from our church is headed to Africa in January. I think Uganda, but not sure. I gave the MC director your blog info. I think they're hooked up with Mike and Marigold Chesier, missionaries we support there. I would love to go with them, but am not able to come up with $2500 by then. Boo. One day, God'll get me there.

Erin Moore said...

Praying that God will provide these resources!

Anonymous said...

Praying with Erin Moore that God will provide - I know He will.