Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Storm the Gates

Hey iFasters,

We have been doing this for about 9 months now! My, how I've loved watching God work through the prayers of many. Hasn't it been fun to pray together and draw near to HIM as we choose to say no to ourselves?

I DO want to clean up our email list a bit. I'm sure there are some who were put on this list at some point but who aren't able or choose not to fast with us. That's ok, no pressure here...though I think you'll be blessed by joining us :-) For this reason, please reply to this email with an "I'm Still In" reply to let me know that you'd like to remain a part of this movement. We don't ever want to push ourselves and we'd like to take the group (however smaller it may be) that is faithfully fasting and allow them more community among each other. Some have even suggested that we have more accountability one to another within the group....just asking, challenging and encouraging each other to stay strong even when our tummies grumble :-)

For this week, I'd like to encourage you to go before the throne on behalf of one prayer request, people group or organization that God lays on your heart. Ask Him even now, or first thing in the morning to call to your mind one major thing to seek His face for....then storm the gates. I love how throughout scripture God gives us the freedom to approach the throne, to boldly ask and to keep on asking! I'd even encourage you to set a timer of some sort and storm the throne every 15 - 30 minutes. I think this will help us keep our prayers focused. Sometimes it's easy to make it through the day and forget exactly what or who we are praying for.

Ideas on things to choose:

Personal requests or issues

Requests from past iFast emails (we don't have new requests this week)

Organizations like: HopeChest, HopeMongers, Caroline's Promise, Abba Fund, Amazima, HELP, Lemonade Int'l, Remember the Poor, Global Orphan Outreach, Orphan Relief and Rescue, Liberian Education Project or others like IJM, Not For Sale and such.

People Groups: widows, orphans, those living in extreme poverty, the homeless, those living with HIV/AIDS, foster kids, those enslaved, prostitutes, governmental officials, non-profit leaders, church leaders throughout the world

Let's storm the gates together....I can't wait to see and hear about all that God will do. Remember to email me if you are "in"....I'd love to hear about how God is using the discipline of fasting in your life as well, if you are up for sharing!

Join us tomorrow morning first thing for a time of corporate prayer. I promise, you'll be blessed! Wednesdays 9:30 AM (eastern) at CALL IN # : 760- 569- 9000 ID: 968101

Thanks!

Brandi
NEW blog address:

No comments: