Monday, June 21, 2010

Pray for India

Right now, we have a team in India getting settled in their new flat, which will be their home for the next 2 weeks. Will you join me in praying for them?

The team includes Vince Giordano, from HopeChest (and my dear friend :-), Jackie Sue (my sweet mentor from home), Kati Hultman (from Kalamazoo MI who we met during our launch there), Chelsey Weisman (whose mom, Debbie was on my trip to UG last may!) and 7 other people.

They will be focusing their work at the Friends of the Good Samaritan School and the surrounding slums as well as doing research/ministry in a few other areas that will be shared later, after they come home.

Please pray for this team. Some of the work they will be doing is considered extremely dangerous. The deep underworld of evil that the enemy thinks he has won. As Vince wrote in a blogpost a few months ago, "Even if acting means looking down the barrel of a shotgun. I want to allow myself to be used as a tool to loose the chains of injustice. I want to "plant" my life as a seed in the darkest garden where nothing grows."

Many of us have felt a deep need for prayer covering during this trip. Will you join us? We have created a daily prayer guide and also have an email list of people who are praying and fasting on specific days over the next 2 weeks. Will you join us? Please? Email me to put your name next to a day for fasting. I will be sharing with the team as they go along and letting them know that you are praying for each and every one of them. I will also be passing along emails. Some things will not be shared publicly on their blog until they reach home and I will be passing on that more private information via email so that the prayer team can stay informed. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Also, we'd love for you to put our "Pray for India" badge on your site! I'm working on having a code to do so, but for now, you can drag the pic to your desktop and upload it as a picture and put www.hopechestindia.blogspot.com as your link for that picture!

Thanks for standing with us and holding up this team in your prayers!

Brandi

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

I had already downloaded the prayer guide--so i guess you can sign me up officially :)